Graphic Design Internship
Position: Part-time, potential to work from home
Compensation: Unpaid / College credit
Hourly Requirements Per Week: Flexible! 10-12 hrs per week
Timeframe: 3-6 month Internship with opportunity for future part-time employment
We are seeking a college student or recent graduate with experience in the graphic design space. The selected individual will be focusing on a wide variety of projects related to creating/editing imagery & content for our website, social media channels, and marketing materials.
The desired candidates has a positive 'can do' attitude and an affinity for start-up culture. We are looking for someone who can roll with the punches from day to day and is invigorated by an ever-changing fast-paced environment. Strong design skills and attention to detail are a must for this role. The selected candidate will learn the back end of marketing a new business and will gain experience in creating the branded content.
- Create content imagery for email campaigns and social media channels
- Editing images and photos; retouch and manipulate, as needed
- Strategize and execute digital assets for Facebook Advertising
- Aid in other departments to help as needed
- Creating graphics specifically for web i.e. banner ads and email blasts
- Create company brochures and other marketing collateral
- Assists with some brainstorming, marketing, creative copy, design, etc.
- Photography/lighting skills are a plus
- Must be an effective communicator who can articulate design decisions and incorporate feedback
- Must have the ability to execute design and edits quickly and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must be social media savvy with particular knowledge and experience in Instagram and Facebook; posting, tagging, commenting and otherwise engaging to build following and promote classes
- Must love the women’s wellness space
- Must be visually creative and good taste for fonts, colors, and brand identity
- Must be organized, punctual and deadline oriented
- Must be a strong team player who is self-motivated, proactive and resourceful
- Must be able to handle many tasks/moving parts
- Must be creative, passionate and tactful
2+ years educational or professional Graphic Design skills
Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
Experience creating and adapting vector assets
Strong visual design skills
Strong typography skills
Photography, website, and video production skills are a HUGE plus!
Free classes at Life Lab!
Come work in our beautiful office space (complete with a daybed and a hammock) just a stone’s throw from the beach, or work from home if you prefer, we’re flexible as long as the job gets done :)
Get free life-changing mentorship from Life Lab Founder and psychotherapist, Tristan Coopersmith, and Life/Wellness Coach, Kate Seiberlich
Do great work and we will happily write you killer letters of recommendation!
Meet and network with amazing, inspirational members of the South Bay community through Life Lab
How To Apply:
Send your resume, portfolio, and cover letter to: Kate@LifeLabHb.com
Include the following in your application:
Date you can start/end the internship
Amount of hours/week you can work
Where you will be working from (you can work from our office in Hermosa Beach, or work from home as long as you can come to the office at least once per week)
State that you understand this is an unpaid internship
Send a few date/time options of when you are available for an initial 15 min phone interview