SOCIAL MEDIA / MERKETING INTERN
Position: Social Media / Marketing Intern (part-time), potential to work from home
Compensation: Unpaid / College credit
Hourly Requirements Per Week: Flexible! 10-12 hrs per week
Timeframe: 3-6 month Internship with opportunity for future part-time employment
We are seeking a college student or recent graduate with experience in the social media / marketing space. The selected individual will be focusing primarily on a wide variety of projects related to all social media platforms, email marketing, blogs, and and print marketing materials.
The desired candidates has a positive 'can do' attitude and an affinity for start-up culture. We are looking for someone who can roll with the punches from day to day and is invigorated by an ever-changing fast-paced environment. Strong social media skills and attention to detail are a must for this role. The selected candidate will learn the back end of marketing a new business and will gain experience in creating the branded content. The Social Media Intern will be given every opportunity to bring suggestions, input, and feedback to our organization.
- Daily posting on all relevant social media channels (IG, FB)
- Compilation and execution of weekly Mailchimp newsletters
- Create content and imagery for email campaigns and social media channels
- Editing images and photos; retouch and manipulate, as needed
- Strategize and execute digital assets for Facebook Advertising
- Aid in writing the copy for company brochures and other marketing materials as needed
- Aid in some administrative tasks as needed
- Assists with some brainstorming, marketing, creative copy, design, etc.
- Photography/lighting skills are a plus
- A passion for all things Internet and a strong interest in social media marketing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong fluency with PowerPoint
- Must be an excellent creative writer
- Must be an effective communicator who can articulate design decisions and incorporate feedback
- Must be extremely social media savvy with particular knowledge and experience in Instagram and Facebook; posting, tagging, commenting and otherwise engaging to build following and promote classes
- Skilled in online research
- Must love the women’s wellness space
- Must be visually creative and good taste for fonts, colors, and brand identity
- Must be organized, punctual and deadline oriented
- Must be a strong team player who is self-motivated, proactive and resourceful
- Must be able to handle many tasks/moving parts
- Must be creative, passionate and tactful
- Must follow instructions well, able to multi-task — keeping deadlines is a must
- Diligent work ethic and insatiable desire to learn
Strong understanding of the social media space
Experience with email newsletters
Photography, website, and video production skills are a HUGE plus!
Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
Free classes at Life Lab!
Come work in our beautiful office space (complete with a daybed and a hammock) just a stone’s throw from the beach, or work from home if you prefer, we’re flexible as long as the job gets done :)
Get free life-changing mentorship from Life Lab Founder and psychotherapist, Tristan Coopersmith, and Life/Wellness Coach, Kate Seiberlich
Do great work and we will happily write you killer letters of recommendation!
Meet and network with amazing, inspirational members of the South Bay community through Life Lab
How To Apply:
Send your resume and optional cover letter to: Kate@LifeLabHb.com
Include the following in your application:
Date you can start/end the internship
Amount of hours/week you can work
Where you will be working from (you can work from our office in Hermosa Beach, or work from home as long as you can come to the office at least once per week)
State that you understand this is an unpaid internship
Send a few date/time options of when you are available for an initial 15 min phone interview